Wednesday, November 14, 2012

BBQ Pork Sandwhich


So let's just start by saying, I am usually not a fan of pork chops! But when you find a pack of 4 for like $3 you will find a way to use them. If you're a bargain shopping momma like me! Lol
One of my biggest complaints about pork chops is they are usually dry and tough. Normally when I make them I cook them like a lot of mommas... with cream of mushroom. This time I wanted to go for something different and maybe a little more pleasing to the eye. Also I had about 15 min to figure this out and get it going or prepped before I had to be out the door. So of course the crockpot was the only choice. Like most of my recipes this is one you throw in and go. ( My chops were even frozen) 
 
What you will need: 
 
About 4 Pork Chops
3/4 Bottle BBQ
3/4 Cup Water
1/2 Onion, Sliced
Salt & Pepper
Hoagies/Buns
 
First, in slowcooker mix together BBQ and water. Add Sliced Onion. Place Pork Chops on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on Low about 7 hours. 
( I was a little behind on getting dinner together so I had mine on Low for  about 3 hours and High for about 2 ) 
You will know when your pork chops are done because they will fall apart with fork.  
 
Once you have shredded with fork stir and coat with sauce continue in slowcooker on low for about 15-20 min to let all the yummy juices soak in. While your pork is resting in the juices, take your buns and toast them in a skillet. I like to use mayo instead of butter to avoid the greasy buttery taste but this is of course your choice lol
 
Now pair with your favorite side and dig in! I hope you like it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment